- Home »
- FAQs & Resources »WHAT COULD BE THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF A VACATION RENTAL BAN ON THE CITY AS A WHOLE?
WHAT COULD BE THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF A VACATION RENTAL BAN ON THE CITY AS A WHOLE?
- With a phase-out of vacation rentals, 6,061 currently permitted bedrooms in 1,930 homes would be eliminated.
- Palm Springs has 6,134 hotel rooms and 6,061 vacation rental bedrooms. That’s 12,195 sleeping accommodations.
- If vacation rentals were banned, nearly 50% of sleeping accommodations would be gone.
- Reducing almost half the tourists to our City means eliminating over $100M of annual tourist spending to restaurants, shops, homeowners and other tourist dependent businesses.